OTTAWA, ON – September 18 2021; Little League Canada (LLC) is pleased to acknowledge the acclamation for President of Mr. Steven Bagnell by the Class A members of LLC at the Annual General Meeting.
Mr. Bagnell has no shortage of experience locally, provincially, and nationally with Little League in Canada. Below are some of Mr. Bagnell’s Little League Volunteer career highlights;
- Volunteer for over 24 years in several capacities of note President for Stoney Creek Little League for 8 years, Vice President for 2 years, along with being a coach for over 5 years
- Ontario District 1 Administrator (DA) for over 7 years and 8 years as Assistant DA
- Recipient of the Little League International Meritorious Service Award for his dedication and service as a Little League District Administrator
- Ontario Provincial Challenger Coordinator for over 4 years
- Recipient of the Challenger Baseball Canada Volunteer of the Year Award
- Years of experience as Tournament Director/Chairman locally, nationally, and provincially
- Nationally, Ontario Divisional Director on the Board of Little League Canada for 7 years along with being a member of the Little League Canada Alumni Program
When asked about his new role, Mr. Bagnell said” I am honored and thrilled to enter into our next chapter as LLC President. My goal is to lead the organization by applying all that I have learnt throughout my Little League career and to build on the strong foundation and achievements that LLC has already established throughout its many years. I am also looking forward to working closely with our Regional Director Roy Bergerman, the dedicated LLC Board, our team of District Administrators and Local League Presidents as we continue our great work in providing quality programs at many levels, right across the country.”
LLC’s Board of Directors wants to acknowledge Mr. Roy Bergerman again for his many years service as President and look forward to having him serve Canada in the role of Regional Director. LLC’s Board of Directors is excited to have Mr. Bagnell as the President, the organization looks forward to continuing to offer our amazing programs to children and youth around the country.